Code of Conduct
Melbourne AWS Programming and Tools Meetup is an inclusive space. We welcome all participants, regardless of age, physical appearance and characteristics, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, technology choices, socio-economic status, nationality, race, religion, sexual identity and orientation, or any other characteristics.
We do not tolerate harassment or inappropriate behaviour. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments relating to anything on the above list
- Stalking, intimidation, and threatened or actual violence
- Unwanted photography or recording (please notify the organisers if you do not wish to be photographed)
- Unwanted or inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Sexual or erotic content or depictions
- Sustained disruption of sponsors, presenters, or organisers
- Publishing others’ personal information without their consent
- Defamation or misinformation regarding a person or a company
- Unsolicited advertisement or messages in all media channels owned by the meetup
Everyone involved in our meetups and events is required to adhere to our Code of Conduct to ensure that our group remains a safe environment. If you are asked to stop doing something that makes other attendees uncomfortable, you are expected to comply immediately. Presenters and sponsors are also expected to keep their content free of sexual imagery.
The organisers will enforce the code during in-person events, as well as on all digital communication channels managed by the group. In the event that a participant engages in harassment or inappropriate behaviour, organisers may take any action they deem appropriate. This may include expulsion from the venue and group, as well as formal notice not to return for future meetups.
The Code of Conduct applies to organisers and presenters as well as participants and sponsors. The organisers will hold each other accountable for breaches of the Code.
We will assist you to feel comfortable at our meetup however we can. If you feel unsafe, we’re happy to stay with you, escort you to wherever you need to go, or help you to notify security or local law enforcement of inappropriate behaviour.
Violations of the Code of Conduct may be reported to any of the meetup’s organisers by messaging us on our Meetup page or Slack channel, or speaking to us during in-person events. If any of the organisers violates the Code of Conduct, their behaviour should be reported to one of the other organisers.
Sometimes, a person who is being harassed may not feel comfortable coming forward themselves. If you observe harassment or inappropriate behaviour directed at someone other than you, please notify the organisers using the above channels.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant and the Conference Code of Conduct.